Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Super Stitch-a-long

I am a somewhat experienced stitcher-er (altho you would not belive the dramas I am having trying to type the word!!). I have been cross-stitching for years and years and years after succumbing to my mother's very insistent demands that I learn as a child, having taken out prizes in our local country show (BWAHAHAHAhahahahaha take THAT elderly CWA ladies...). I have also dabbled in hardanger and other embroidery styles with a great deal of success. i'm one of those detail oriented people that counted cross-stitch and the ilk is really easy for.

But now...

Now I have joined Pip's Xmas stitchalong at www.meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com. I think even for the mostly uninitiated this would be an easy-peasy project to do. Pip has very clear and concise, easy to understand instructions (complete with pictures) and is running a wee tutorial every week or so (I think). We are onto the second step already, although the first step was just to gather the materials.

Soooooo.....give it a try peeps!! The results should be quite cute and if you don't have a stocking recipient of your own (or are going to keep it for yerself!) you might have a niece / nephew / neighbourhood child / co-workers offspring to give it to. Or otherwise - maybe a child who is sick in hospital?

Anyhoo, get out there and give it a go!! (Youngish) Stitchers of the world, Unite!!!

That is all :)

(Except for a brief Xmas card tutorial over the next few days. My FIRST EVER tutorial!! Woot!!)

No comments: