Wednesday, July 29, 2009

10 on Tuesday (on Wednesday)

Have missed a few weeks of 10 on Tuesdays.

Last weeks was 10 favourite places to eat, and as I am hardly an international (wo)man of mystery, most of my places would probably have been in Perth (or at the very least just Western Australia) and therefore possibly of little or no interest to others!!

But, this week it's all about your 10 Favourite Sounds.

Hmmm....
  1. The sound of your loved one sleeply peacefully next to you;
  2. Baby birds chirping merrily away in their nest. And, that's a strange one for me, 'cos I DISLIKE birds intensely *shudders* I think it's their scaly little feet. Bleurgh;
  3. Music! Not all music, but most music!
  4. Bagpipes. I know - another odd one, but part of my family heritage is Scottish and I do love a good skirl on the pipes, even if it sometimes makes me feel like crying, but they aren't exactly a perky instrument now, are they?
  5. The sound of (other peoples) children merrily at play. You know that bubbling laughter that kids have when they are just having the most fun playing chasey (or whatever it is that kiddies play these days!);
  6. Pre-dawn silence. I hear a lot of this due to the ridiculously early time I am usually up in order to go to training.
  7. Silence in general :D
  8. Frog songs! Especially when there are lots of them gurgling away!
  9. The hubbub of a heap of people who are having a great time. In a bar, or out at a restaurant. The clink of cutlery, the sound of conversation....
  10. The susurrus (sp?) of trees gently blowing in the wind. Not a strong stormy wind (cos that'd just freak me out), but tall eucaplypts rustling in the breeze. Awesome!

That was harder than I thought...

No comments: