Monday, April 27, 2009

Mad Photo Skillzzzzz :)

Heh.






Or something like that.


After the ANZAC Day Dawn Service was over, and I had walked the 4 kilmoetres back to where I parked my car (*sigh*), I was a bit peckish and so I thought I would head down into South Perth (which is kind of on my way home) and see if I could rustle up some breakfast.


It was a beautiful morning; I happened to have my camera in the pocket of my jacket (for those that are into these things its a teensy digi, a Canon IXUS 801S); the light was just perfect; et voila!! Some lovely pics of the Perth skyline.

It might be a small city, but it is scenic :)



It's lovely being right on the river, although I do agree with some that we need to enliven the river front space. Perhaps not to the extent of Melbourne (although it is lovely along the Yarra), but a bit more than the acres and acres and acres of grassed areas that are there at the moment. There is a riverside bike/foot path that encircles the foreshore (and continues on at both ends all the way to I don't even know where!) which is good to walk / run / cycle along and being so close to the CBD is convenient to my work. It means I can walk to work, or go for a run before work, or go out at lunch for a run, or after work for - you guessed it - a run!!!


The big win in Perth though is Kings Park. It's some ridiculous number of hectares of park and bushland located just on the western side of the CBD, and overlooks the city itself. They stage concerts and all sorts of good stuff up there. It has running and walking trails. There's the State War Memorial and other such things. There are avenues of memorial trees, botanic garden type stuff, parks and water features. Playgrounds and barbecues. But truly, the best part about it is the foresight that the people who originally established the city had when they decided to set aside this land for the people of Perth. Good work guys!!!


Down on the foreshore, we do have the (*cough*) Bell Tower...and the Perth Wheel thingy...and The Convention Centre...and, um, stuff...but, we could probably have some other better uses of this area. The current Lord Mayor has some big plans so I guess we'll see how that pans out!!!





Hope you enjoy the photos. I never did get the delicious breakfast I envisioned as APPARENTLY everyone else had the same idea, and the cafes were packed.... : ( Had to make do with a takeaway coffee and one of the most terrible danishes I've ever had the misfortune to eat. Bah!
But this cute little guy and his friend somewhat made up for that!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Kylie, I think we met today at Brown Owls : ) These photos are amazing! I really love the one with the ferry coming in. Beautiful!

Kgirl said...

Hi Claire : ) Thanx! It was lovely to meet you at Brown Owls! As for the photos...sometimes I surprise even myself!!!