Thursday, April 23, 2009

Promised Photo Updates

Ooooh! Birthday schwag : ) a book from my Aunt and Uncle along with a bookmark and set of placemats (at the back) from my Nanna. Mirrored box with sweet smelly thingies inside from the lovely Clare; My Little Pony from my little brother (it's a long story!) and new charms for my Pandora bracelet from the parentals and also my friend, Em. And finally a VERY humourous flipbook called, "Give The Bitch Her Chocolate". Hilarious combination of 50's style images and just the kind of irreverent humour I enjoy - thanx Bree!! There were also Ferrero Rocher chocolates and one of those room scenting reed diffuser thingies, which I received after I had taken this photo. Like I said - spoilt ; )

FABULOUS handbag from friend and roomie, Bec (and Clint!). Love the colour and perfect for the coming winter...now just to find a pair of shoes to complement...


The My Little Pony from my little bro. I always wanted a MLP when I was a little girl, but my mum is a big believer in 'educational' toys. *sigh*. And because - to her mind - there was nothing that you could do with a MLP, I never got one despite what I am sure was neverending pressure and whining from me. So, the last time I saw my brother, we were talking about this...and then, voila!! My very own MLP : ) Bless!


Beautiful handmade bookmark - I think batik material. You can't see it here, but there are thin black feathers attached to the top of it. It's almost too pretty to use as I worry that the feathers will get broken...And my Pandora bracelet. The three new charms are hard to see but a tiny alarm clock and gift wrapped present from my folks and a purple enamelled triangle flower thingy from Ems.


And this would be my new scarf when it was still a WIP. The pattern is out of the most recent edition of Creative Knitting - I think it was called a short row scarf. I used a different yarn to that recommended and I am very pleased with the result. The yarn was a bamboo and acrylic mix in a colorway called "Pink Ginger". In fact, so pleased with it that I wore it all day today because it was so cold in Perth. All I have to do is block it properly as the edges have curled up...not sure if this is due to the pattern, or just my tight knitting tension.




No comments: