Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Whatever Wednesdays

Oh.

My poor, poor, horribly neglected blog...

Any excuse I offer would be just that...an excuse.

A quick rundown of what's been happening since the last time I visited (gulp)

  1. Have completed three further triathlons, and two fun runs (although the term 'fun run' always seems a little of an oxymoron to me...);
  2. Another Brown Owls meeting :) this time at Baby Goose in Inglewood. Small group but good. I brought along my knitting and whipped up a pair of baby ballet shoes for one of my pregnant friends;
  3. Work work work (at my paying job). Very busy, but now my new boss has started - after being a one woman band for a period of nearly FOUR MONTHS - so should settle down;
  4. The guy that I was sort-of-casually-seeing-dating-kind-of turned out to be a schmuck and a bit of a loser. Oh well. Worse things happen at sea!!
  5. My birthday happened!! I will not divulge the total number of years, suffice to say that I am as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth :) I was roundly spoilt I must say. My birthday occurred on Easter Saturday so I got a long weekend as a gift! Yay! I celebrated with morning tea with my aunt and uncle (bearing gifts from the parentals) on Good Friday. Hot Cross Buns, homemade orange almond cake and chocolate cups. Breakfast on the day with my good friend and housemate Bec. High Tea at the Hyatt with the girls followed by cocktails at the Hula Bula Bar! Yippee and thanx to all who attended and made it fun (and although it's unlikely that the person mentioned in point #4 is reading this blog, your decision to come along to my birthday and then proceed to try and pick up other women at the bar? Just wanted to let you know that despite your best intentions it did not ruin my night, merely opened my (and my friends eyes) to what a dog you are :) now instead of just me thinking you are a clown, there are about 10 other people who think it too!) Got lovely gifts which will post photos of later :)
  6. Finished two knitted beanies now that I've worked out how to knit in the round. Frogged both of them as the first one was too big (and I wanted to use the yarn in a scarf instead) and the other one didn't turn out quite as I had hoped...
  7. Finished a lovely scarf using some bamboo / acrylic mix yarn. So pretty with photos to follow;
  8. Started a ruffle scarf for BFF/Roomie Bec in a white acrylic mohair. Pretty so far and I hope she'll enjoy it;
  9. Started a mini quilt with some fabric I got in the Amitie Blog VIP mailout. Perfectly pretty. Again with the promise of photos to come...
  10. Finally...despite my recent dating (almost) failure (hey, I don't think I'm the one with issues here!!!) have agreed to be kinda-sorta set-up with a friend of a friend. *sigh* but NOT a blind date, just a low-key group get together type thing...like I said to the friend with the friend, what's the worst thing that can happen? I make a new friend!!!

Hmm, I'm sure that there is more that has gone one in the last (ulp!!) almost six weeks, but these are the highlights!

Rest assured that my recent 'romantic disappointments' have not dissuaded me! The events have been meticulously dissected by innumerable female friends and one very wise friend of a male nature, and we have unanimously shook our heads at Fellow from Point # 4's antics.

He, he...onward and upward! So many men...so little time (as they saY) BWAHAhahahahaaaa :D

More posts to come over the next few days. Promise.

Ciaou bellas xx

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

You crack me up! Good luck with the friend of the friend!