Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Aha! Photos (as promised...)

Well, this is what I got up to (mainly!) on the weekend. The photo above is of the denim apron I made for my eldest niece (please excuse my exclusive chair model...). The only addition to the apron pictured were two yo-yos in the bottom right hand corner of the denim and a couple of small, white flower buttons on the pocket trim and around the yo-yo. Very pleased with my result.


Of course, when you have two sisters, if you give one something you generally have to give the other something similar (unless you want armageddon to break out!!). Thus, the little pink trimmed apron above came to life.

I think I am proudest of the pink apron as I had to make up most of the pattern myself - and for someone who hasn't made any clothing type sewing since Year 8 Home Economics, I reckon that's a pretty big achievement! Yay me!!

My final photo is my icecream pincushion.

It rocks!! (even if I do say so myself...) This is the first pin cushion I have ever owned - I DO NOT know how I ever sewed without one :)

I managed to survive the local City to Surf here in Perth - it was a long, hard slog but I've come out the other side of it in not too bad physical shape. I was expecting to have to wear flat shoes to work for the next week, but I'm already back in the teetering stilettos. Champion!!

No comments: