Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 4...welcome Kylie back to the land of the living!

Well, I still feel a bit shitty, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better than I have for the last three days.
It appears that I may live after all ;0)
This cold would have KILLED a man, I tells ya!
Sadly, in my extremely weakened and undernourished state (have subsisted on nothing but Orange Juice - WHICH I DONT EVEN FRICKING LIKE - since Friday...so have handily lost one and a half kilos) have been almost incapable of crafting ::frowns:: which is irritating as I had such productive plans for the weekend ::whining::
I did manage to finish one Feather and Fan Dishcloth in Cleckheaton Natural Cotton Yarn. Although I now have a rash on both my hands that I suspect may be an allergy to either the yarn or pesticides used to grow the cotton? Either that or I am allergic to some of the meds I have been taking, but the allergic rash is only manifesting itself in the skin of my hands...
::hmmm::
Dishcloth turned out quite cute. Is blocking up nicely at the moment. Started another using a bamboo/cotton yarn, but I am not sure how successful this will be as the yarn is quite thick. Time will tell.
Also finished one swap and posted off my parcels to 4 partners for another postcard swap I entered into. I feel a bit bad as they were supposed to be sent out on Saturday, but (a) I was hardly compos mentis on Saturday. In my weakened state I was crying because I could not get the cap off my OJ... and (b) my post office does not open on Saturdays... Anyhoo, I posted them all out today and put a little note in explaining my tardiness, so hopefully noone will hold it against me too much :/

In the absence / void / dearth of other completed crafts, heres some pics of a little fella I finished a couple of weeks ago....
Introducing ........
::drumroll::
Sergei the Soviet Kosmonaut
Here he is peeking over the strange and unusual foliage of my broccoli plants...


And below, he's besporting himself in one of my indoor plants...


And finally, scaling the giddy heights of the sweet pea stakes...


(I secretly think Sergei prefers the sweet pea flowers to the other locations. After all, they do show off the redness of his delightful space suit).

Of course, the cat just cannot believe anything that the others get up to...


If it had eyes, they would be rolling at the others behaviour...


No comments: