Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby's been a bad, bad blogger...

::sigh::

Sorry about the lack of meaningful posts.

I feel quite bad for my readers (if I actually have any - and if I don't it only serves me right for not posting regularly). The only real excuse at the moment is that life has been a bit crazy busy, what with starting my new job etc, etc, etc.

Just as an indication of how frantic things have been, last week I had two after-work 'presentations' to attend, swimming lessons on Monday, the Foxtel Lap Fundraising Event on Friday morning, cinema Saturday morning to see 'The Women' with my cool aunt for her birthday, Black Tie Ball to attend for work on Saturday evening, Pink Triathlon on Sunday morning, collapse with exhaustion on couch Sunday afternoon and back to swimming again yesterday afternoon.

Eep. No wonder I feel a bit tired and rundown, and my slightly sore throat is not really helping matters.

Well! Enough of the pity party ;)

Here's some proof that I have actually been doing things of a crafty nature (apologies in advance for the photo-heavy post - but hey, I haven't really been posting at all, so if you want it to continue, best you stop ur b!tching!!!)

First cab off the rank is a knitting needle cozy I whipped up about two weekends ago. Have wanted one for yonks but could never find one that wasn't in nanna fabric. Not that I have anything against nanna's, it's just I'm a tad young for that!!



I didn't work from a pattern, just kind of worked out how wide and long it would need to be and then marked out where the seams for the needle pockets had to be, according to the sizes of the needles. I did forget to insert the ribbon tie into the hem before I top-stitched, but I solved that by sewing it onto the front after I lightly quilted around the pattern and it has worked out just fine!!

I also finished my first big swap on Swap-Bot. Theme was 'A to Z Whimsy' swap, and I had to send to a lovely lady in the US, who has four super cute little boys. I didn't get a photo of all the stuff unwrapped, but this one is of the items all parcelled up and ready to go! I made a Fimo xylophone for the letter 'X', had buttons, a handmade pincushion, lollies, stickers, scented erasers and goodness knows what else in there!!!


Next is a selection of fabulous crocheted doilies I got from the OP shop for the princely sum of $4.80. Good lo'!!!! Their fabulousness knows no bounds. I fear I am becoming a trifle obsessed with lacy doilies...altho' this is not necessarily a bad thing!


I think this one is my favourite...



And finally, my fabric binge continues! Best of all is that Spotlight had quilting and craft fabrics on special (end of line apparently) for $8.00 and $3.00 a metre! Insanity. I don't have pics of all of the great fabrics I picked up on special (bwahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!) but trust me when I say that they were awesome!!! I now have far more fabric than one person probably needs :)

The fabric in these photos came from Etsy, all the way from Japan from kimonoreincarnate. And they rawk!!!! I especially love love love the teensy hedgehog peg clip that perfectly matches the fabric!! Loves!!


























Even the parcel was cool! No standard sticky tape for the uber-cute Japanese - this masking tape has a cute pattern on it! I am soooooo jealous!

No comments: