Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New job...Days 1 and 2

So I started my new job yesterday.

It's.....different ;)

Different because where I was working was a large open plan office, with heaps of other chicks (yeah, that's right CHICKS!!) and lots of interaction between everyone.

My new desk is in a small 'pod' with four cubicles - only three of which are occupied - where we all have our backs to each other.

Instead of open plan, we have 7 foot high walls surrounding us - with an opening at the top, so that you can hear everyone around us...but can't see them.

::sigh::

Any the other occupants are two guys.

::sigh::

It's just not the same.

They don't really get the gossip. The talk about shoes. The talk about clothes. The whining about Mr WKDN. The quirky news articles I like to share with my co-workers. They don't understand my need for my George Clooney and Daniel Craig ::drool:: pictures. There's no sharing of sweet, sugary snacks in the afternoons, nor 3pm smut talk.

I suspect that they would not notice if I had my head shaved.

::sigh::

Oh well. I'll get used to it. I suppose. Eventually.

::sigh::

No comments: