Friday, May 15, 2009

Craft & Quilt Show Perth 2009


Well, am back from the Craft & Quilt Show (let's call it CQS as I am having real dramas typing the word 'quilt' today). Lots of fund. Lots of money spent and am now a bit footsore!!!

The mosaic above shows some of the FABULOUS quilts I saw. Unbelieveable the amount of time and effort expended. The central square in the mosaic shows one of a number of quilts completed around a Royal Flying Doctor Services theme (sorry - I forget if they were for a competition or for fund raising...). What's awesome about this quilt, is that the 'plume' of dust coming from the plane is actually padded, which gives it an amazing 3-D look...not immediately obvious from my slightly substandard photo!

All of the quilts were amazing, but I particularly liked the quiltlet in the first two squares which was of two meerkats. The meerkats themselves were MACHINE STITCHED!!! So cute and cool. (I didn't really cut the head of the tallest meerkat off...that's just how the mosaic has done it...).

I didn't get a photo of the Best in Show Quilt - too many people standing in front of it so I couldn't get a clear shot!! But trust me when I say it was AWESOME. I'm not sure but I think it may have been hand quilted. It was huge. Wow.

My other favourite is the following quilt:


Over 10,000 teeny, tiny little hexagons. Hand pieced.

::blinks::

Jeepers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 15 of 31 (or 365) - *sigh* another physio visit. Fessed up to the fun run...and I dodn't get in trouble. Altho I do have bruising on my leg from the treatment, so maybe THAT'S my punishment, hehe...And Physio Tony says I can go for a run this weekend! Yay!!

No comments: