Thursday, May 7, 2009

What hurts worse....

...injuring yourself? Or the treatment to fix it?

I may have mentioned that I've (quite handily, really) developed Greater Troncholo-something-or-other Bursitis in my hip.

*sigh*

Apparently it's some sort of inflammation of the bursa caused by overuse of the joint or my ligaments rubbing against the bursa. Or something. "What's a bursa", I hear you say? Apparently some sort of 'fluid filled sac'. Yech.

*sigh*

It appears that I did this to myself at the beginning of April when I did a 'Double Header' weekend consisting of a Triathlon on Saturday and then a 10km Fun Run on the Saturday. I will admit that whilst it sounded good in the planning stage the execution was more difficult than originally envisioned.

At least, that weekend was the first time I recall the excruciatingly burning pain in my knee that radiated up and down the outside of my leg, coming home to roost as a dull ache in my hip that caused me to limp badly for a few days...I'm pretty sure I would have noticed this if it had happened before.

So, now I'm banned from running (according to my physio, the lovely Tony). Banned. Well, on my second visit he didn't specifically say I was 'banned', just to 'try not to run'.

He, he, he...

Of course, there is always the promise of cortisone injections in my hip if I don't do what he says...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 7 of 31 (or 365) *sigh* I actually miss the running...and I SERIOUSLY never thought I would say that.

No comments: