Monday, May 4, 2009

Wip Week Wrapup

Oh dear.
WIP Week wasn't wildly winning...
No matter tho' - I did manage to make a teensy-leetle bit of headway into the great unfinished projects hole. And at least now I know I only have 7 bits of unfinished craft business ; )

So, because there are ONLY 7 of them, I had a bit of a sit down and a sift through the detritus that is my craft room (good lord! It's like an historic excavation in there at times. What future generations will make of the different strata of debris, I simply do not know!!!).

And, after I crawled out from under the piles and piles of stuff and dusted myself off slightly (darn those cobwebby bits...), I managed to compile what I am going to call My Project Wishlist (or MPW...I love acronyms...hey! I work in a bank, it's all acronyms all the time...).

My Project Wishlist (in a sort of order, which will be subject to change and or addition without notice by the blog owner)
  1. Thimbleberries Block of the Month. A previously covered off WIP. SImply MUST finish this and get it off the back of the craft room door;
  2. Bento Box Quilt. Another previously mentioned WIP. This is just getting ridiculous;
  3. Hardanger Napkins - hmmm, perhaps these should be # 1 due to impending Mothers Day gift issues...
  4. Scarf - for a friend (yes, yes, OK it's ANOTHER WIP...I know, I know...);
  5. Knitted Afghan WIP. Only about, oh, 40 blocks to go...
  6. Les Lapins Cross Stitch. I suspect this is a bit of a long-term WIP. Although I do enjoy cross stitch and other embroidery, it is a somewhat laborious endeavour;
  7. Baby Blanket. Dammit. The child this was intended for has nearly started school. I've moved house THREE TIMES since I started it. IT MUST BE FINISHED;
  8. I'm going to make my first ever piece of clothing. A skirt for work. I have the pattern. I have the fabric. I have the lining. I have the other requirements, including an ability to use a sewing machine;
  9. I want to knit myself a pair of socks. I picked up some lovely self-patterning teal coloured sock yearn on the weekend;
  10. I got a GREAT Japanese craft book with felt cakes and whatnot in it. I sooooooo badly want to make some of this;
  11. Numerous baby items. One of my good friends is currently preggers and I have soooo many projects I want to do for her and bub. I think I'll just call them all # 11. A Clochette baby hat; fabric bibs; knitted booties; etc
  12. Fun Fur Kitschmas trees from Monster Yarn's blog. I have a ludicrous amount of novelty yarns, so this will be an excellent way to use these up (actually, this could probably go further down the list...);
  13. Make some toys for the Toy Society;
  14. Mending. Yes, that's right. Mending. I've recently lost a few kilos, which has resulted in almost none of my clothes being able to fit me properly. This has resulted in a great amount of expenditure both on new ensembles and also on tailoring those clothes I cant manage to sort myself. I hope you all appreciate the sacrifice I am making for the retail purchases led economic recovery.
  15. A rag rug. Saw a great pattern on Moda Bakeshop. Want.
  16. Lollychops Wendy Bird Pattern. I made one of these for a friend and it was fabulous. Therefore, I want more for me;
  17. ABC booklets for my littlest niece. I think I saw these on Craftypod the other day. 8-page booklets with a letter on the front for the kiddies to fill with pictures cut out from magazines, where the item in the picture starts with the letter on the front of the book. Geniusly (I don't think that's a real word BTW) way of learning ABC's;
  18. Key chain lanyard. I've got a swathe of access and security cards I need for work, and at the moment they are on a daggy black ropey lanyardy thing (which I dislike intensely);
  19. Use some of my Sublime Stitching patterns. Not sure what for, but inspiration surely MUST strike : )
  20. Bookmark pyramids. Fabric pyramids, filled with rice (or similar) to keep cookbooks (or similar) open;
  21. A bag for my swimming gear. Partifularly my training fins. Carrying them around in the clear plastic bag I bought them in is just, icky....
  22. Drawing. I used to do a lot of drawing in primary and high school and I'd like to get back into that;
  23. Geisha quilt panel. I bought this such a long time ago because I loved it. And you know what? It's sat in the bottom of my fabric basket since then. Time to shake a leg;
  24. Fabric covered bulletin boards. Too cool.
  25. Hmmmm, surely there's more....watch this space

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 4 of 31 (or 365) - I'm now seeing granny squares everywhere people!! The fashion parade that everyone has mentioned in the last week; The oppy; and last night on the news when someone was visiting a hospital somewhere. I vote Granny Squares for Prime Minister...

No comments: