Thursday, May 14, 2009

May Update

Yes - I know it's only halfway thru the month, but a few things have been happening around my place, so rather than do interminable small posts, I thought one larger one would be better.

I also notice that I have skewed slightly away from the craft content in the last week or so. *shrugs* Hope nobody minds ;)

The house-hunting is going well, especially since the Budget announcement that I don't have only 6 weeks within which to sign a sale contract. Thanks K-Rudd. Finally, something for meeeeeeeeeeee in the budget! Unfortunately, I am one of those people who tends to miss out on the 'good' budget stuff. I don't earn a six figure income, but I do earn enough so that I hit the highest tax bracket for part of my wage. This means that I don't receive the whole $900 stimulus package as I earn a trifle too much. I don't have children so I don't receive family benefits (hope that's the right terminology!) or baby bonuses or anything children related. I'm not on a pension (thank goodness!) or a family or a student etc etc, so the First Home Owners Grant is one of the only things that directly benefits me. Oh, I realise there are roads and other infrastructure projects which benefit me, but it's different when you can get hold of something tangible ;)

Also, I am far less freaked out than I was last week in regards to actually getting a home loan. After calming myself the hell down and cogitating over it, it's much much less daunting now!!

Am off to the Craft and Quilt Show here in Perth tomorrow. Squeezing my visit in between my early morning cycling training (should be running but I am still out of commission slightly on that front) and a physio visit (see previous bracketed comment...I think my physio is paying off a boat $72 at a time!!). Should be fun, but must try not to spend too much money, both due to trying to maximise savings vis a vis new house purchase and also because I have quite enough craft stuff thankyou very much :)

Tomorrow night marks my official entry into the 'singles scene'. I've been single for nearly 6-months now, which is the longest time in my life since I was about 16. I've been on a few dates with a guy that turned out to be a bit of a chump (no matter!) and met one other lovely guy who is sweet but unsuitable (but lovely!!). So, I'm going to a Singles Party. Gulp. Gents up to the age of 39, which probably means that I will be one of the oldest ladies there...oh dear!! Will let you know how THAT pans out!!

Completed the Mothers Day Classic here on Mothers Day. This event raises funds for Breast Cancer Research by the staging of running and walking events across Australia. Here in Perth there were something like 2,500 entrants this year. Despite my physio's advice, I did complete the 7km run, in an OK (for me) time of 44m22s. NOt too bad for someone who is injured and couldn't train for the two weeks preceding. My hip didn't hurt too much, but I'm sure the physio will have something to say when I 'fess up tomorrow...

Have been on holidays from paying work this week, which has been lovely. Have been doing very little for the last two days which has been rather nice, as I haven't had a break from work where I had nothing to do for nearly 18-months. In fact, if I didn't have important appointments to attend to next week then I'd probably ring my boss up and tell him I wasn't coming in next week as well ;)

Promise that craft content will be resumed shortly!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 14 of 31 (or 365) - nearly halfway through my 31-day blogging challenge. Hope no one else is bored! I'm actually rather enjoying it at this point.

No comments: