Saturday, May 9, 2009

Finished!!!!

Yay!! I finished the waistcoat that I was whipping up for a friend.

And - you know what? It turned out much better than I originally thought! Not only did I have to construct an item of clothing that I've never even attempted before, I also had to resize the pattern to fit the intended wearer. It all totally worked!!

Wow! I'm slightly stunned, I mean the fabric was one of those silky slippery types so I was sure I would come unstuck there, or that it would be too large, or the lining would be odd, or something would go horribly wrong...but nothing did!!

Ha! Making my OWN clothing should be a cinch after this, hehe....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 9 of 31 (or 365) He, he, he...life is very funny. When you interact with someone else, the things that you think are important or 'major' often aren't, and we spend so much time worrying about what others are thinking about things and then it turns out that those things are a non-issue, and you spent time worrying about what was essentially, nothing ;)

No comments: